Whenever I’m preparing for an application or interview of any kind, I like to think of weird, relevant facts about my life that will make me be more memorable, describe my experiences, and provide points of interest that could spark some sort of relationship.
Sometimes it can be hard to think of fun facts, so I’ve decided that writing a post listing them could serve the dual functions of organizing my thoughts while also entertaining myself and any readers.
Without further ado, here are some Craig-related fun facts:
- First of all, my bathroom really is orange. My sister and I decided it would be unique and fun and, as far as I’m concerned, we were definitely right.
- I’ve met Blue Angels and Thunderbirds pilots and crew on multiple occasions, seen the planes up close, and watched them take off and land. My parents were Indy Air Show liaisons for these and other teams.
- Also add “picking up parachutes as the Golden Knights team landed” and “driving a truck across the runway to get Dan Buchanan (an amazing paraplegic hang glider) into the air” to my list of air show adventures.
- Running is my favorite form of exercise, but I would love to take up kickboxing.
- I’ve met and worked with Wiz Khalifa’s cousin while selling his merchandise at a concert – barely missed meeting Wiz by 10 minutes.
- My nose has been broken once (possibly twice) so it’s just a bit crooked. I seem to be the only one who notices.
- Emma Watson will forever be my celebrity crush for reasons that could consist of an entire other list.
- I am one belt away from being a black belt in karate (I quit to run cross country), and have won a karate tournament.
- Last year, I spent a day at Wimbledon and learned more about tennis than I ever needed to know.
- Between high school anatomy and zoology classes, I’ve dissected and studied a cat, eel, mini-shark, cow eye, sheep’s brain, pigeon, and a turtle.
- One of my uncles is in the NSA, another uncle and my aunt are police, and my dad is a firefighter and member of Indiana’s Task Force.
- As an RA in college I’ve had misadventures involving countless drunk residents, many ambulance calls/emergency situations, a few medical emergencies (unconscious and/or bleeding), and two instances of public urination in ONE stairwell.
- I am a feminist, because equality should be a no-brainer. It’s 2016, people.
- Being snarky is my go-to (but never in a mean way).
- I have been as far East as the UK, but haven’t been farther West than St. Louis.
- I’m a gigantic Harry Potter nerd (“Wow, I had no idea!” you say.)
- My most popular tweet was to the FX show Archer.
- …and JK Rowling liked one of my tweets.
- I hate heights, but have flown a small Cessna with my grandpa and enjoy parasailing.
- TV show: The Office.
- Movie: Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.
- Food: anything from a Hibachi grill.
- Band/artist: hard to commit to just one, but I would pay many dollars to see The 1975 live.
- While helping my dad with our living room renovation, he sparked an outlet making us go blind and deaf for a few seconds. For a few seconds, I was sure I had died.
- Batman is the best super hero of all time.*
- Once, I accidentally made someone laugh so hard they threw up. Didn’t know that was possible but it is.
- I would love to freelance for The Onion.
- I am not a fan of mac-n-cheese. At all.
Of course, I wouldn’t use all of these for an interview, but I do think this is list is a productive practice. Know your strengths and how you are unique, but don’t take yourself too seriously.
If you have any fun facts about yourself, I would love to hear them!
*Non-negotiable, just a fact.